Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Whether you’re recovering from heart surgery or fighting a battle against heart disease, Porter’s cardiac rehabilitation provides care plans that are designed to help you protect the health of your heart.
Porter’s cardiac rehabilitation department is staffed by registered nurses and exercise physiologists who have specialized training in cardiac care. Patients follow exercise programs individually tailored to meet their needs. For those who are recovering from heart surgery, heart attack, angioplasty and other heart ailments, Porter's cardiac rehabilitation program offers classes on topics, such as stress management, high blood pressure, and diet.
Nurses and exercise physiologists from Cardiac Rehabilitation begin helping Porter patients recover while they are still in the hospital. Exercise programs include workouts on the exercise bikes, rowing machines and treadmills. For patients who have completed their initial rehabilitation and wish to continue their therapy, strength training is available.
Partner with Porter for Fitness
Porter's Cardiac Rehabilitation Department can become your own "fitness club".
The facility boasts:
- Numerous treadmills
- Airdyne stationary bicycles
- Concept II rowing machines
- Nu Step recumbent step machines
- A universal weight machine
- National certification through the AACVPR (American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
- Run by medical professionals including registered nurses and exercise physiologists.
"We're always on site and available for questions, blood pressure checks, and other help," said Patty Neely, supervisor of the department - a division of Porter's Cardiac and Vascular Institute. "We offer a helpful and non-threatening environment that often appeals to people who are intimidated by a more traditional health club," she said.
Initial Evaluation Includes:
- A personal fitness evaluation performed by an exercise physiologist (Fee: $58)
- Exercise equipment demonstration
- Take home exercise program tailored to your needs.
To Join our in-facility Phase III program which includes:
- Access to Cardiac Rehabilitation facility, medical professionals and equipment.
- Fee: $35 a month
(Note: There is a $10 discount per month for the second person of the same family.
Porter’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Department is open from 6 am to 6 pm Monday through Thursday and from 6 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays. For more information, please call 219.263.4629.